Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Oh the memories, how they linger!

So, owning my own business has been in my life plan for many years now.  I decided that when I started making entirely too many beaded goods to keep, I should start selling.  Back then, I didn't know much about business.  I figured "Well, there must be some sort of way business owners can show they own a business, otherwise anyone could cash a check they got their hot little hands on!".  You would be surprised how many "business owners" get angry at me because, in my day job, we won't take a check made payable to ABC Roofing because the said owner has no proof he owns that business.

Well, anyway, I have learned a lot since then and realized that while going through Christmas ornaments with Momma last night.  I found some ornaments dedicated to the original business I intended to open, which was Wicked Horse (Beadworks). 

I moved away from that name and settled on Storyteller Beadworks, but that name eventually confined me to only selling beaded goods.

Now, it is Tawny Cow.  The lovely thing about opening a trading post is that I can still use my old brand names (which is awesome because I have a LOT of Storyteller business cards left) and even revive Wicked Horse and revamp it into my leather and textile goods.

It was a great evening, laughing (and crying a little) with Momma... seeing Daddy's cowboy ornaments, ornaments we had from his days as a salvage diver, ornaments her sister gave us (Aunt Shirley died 2 years ago of pancriatic cancer) and ornaments I have collected over the years.

And, rekindling an old "friendship" with the Wicked Horse!

No comments:

Post a Comment